At the Laboratory, we strive for simultaneous excellence. That’s the need for excellence in nuclear security; science, technology, and engineering; operations; and community relations to solve national security challenges. Our commitment to enduring environmental stewardship helps us toward achieving that goal. It frames how we approach our work today, tomorrow, and decades into the future with the understanding that we have a shared responsibility and that we must meet these challenges together.
This commitment to enduring environmental stewardship drives us to continue to enable and improve:
- Communications and outreach
- National security mission support
- Proactively managing wastes, discharges, and releases to the environment
- Being a responsible partner for entrusted resources
- Energy and water sustainably
- Effective and resilient land stewardship